Letter from the Director
My name is Ashley Tenney and I am honored to be the director of Mountain Movers Early Learning Center. I have a Master's degree in Social Work and have fifteen years of experience being a director at Eagle Wings Child Development Center for Georgetown ISD prior to taking this position. I am humbled to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and believe that He has paved the way for this beautiful opportunity. The mission and vision of our program include the following:
1. Christ Centered Education for Children and Families: Children will be enriched with a daily curriculum filled with God's word. Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of Lord forever."
2. Christ Centered Character Development: Children will be taught character traits of God and how to be a daily example of those character traits. Galatians 5:22-23- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
3. Quality Care for Children and Families.
4. Social Emotional Learning for every child in care: Children will be taught how to identify and regulate emotions.
5. Whole Child Learning Environment: This type of learning includes gross motor, fine motor, sensory perception, cognitive and social emotional learning. Every child learns differently, and it is our job to guide that learning process in every child.
6. Play Based Learning: Play is powerful. Children's work is through play. Teacher directed activity will be based around initiating play and interactions with each child. When play takes place, children explore the world differently. Psalm 34:8 " Taste and see that the Lord is good."
7. Intentionality: Being in the moment with every child in care. It is important to be intentional with every child. They deserve the best, and that is what we will give them daily. We will celebrate accomplishments and milestones in each child. We will guide and nurture the early learning years. 1 Timothy 4:15 "Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them."
Thank you for this opportunity to serve. Thank you for allowing us to love your children daily. Thank you for trusting us. It is our promise to you to be “People Sharing Jesus” daily, and one day when we meet Jesus He will say, "Well done my faithful servant."
When we see God at work, we grow in faith. Yet even if that faith is as small as a mustard seed, that faith can move mountains. Join me in being a Mountain Mover for the Lord.