Youth Worker Policies and Agreement Document
This document is to be completed by any minor (age 17 or under) who will be serving in any position involving the supervision or custody of children. (A child is defined as anyone under the age of 18 or the developmentally disabled.) In addition, those who are age 16 or older are required to complete Ministry Safe’s Sexual Abuse Awareness Training. This training and the following policies reflect our commitment to provide a safe and secure environment for all preschoolers, children, and youth who participate in our ministries and use our facilities.
1. A volunteer must be a church or Sunday School member for at least six (6) months. A volunteer that does not meet these membership requirements may serve only upon approval of the appropriate age group minister.
2. Any applicant with a criminal background that poses a risk to children or other church members would be automatically disqualified for service.
3. Minors, individuals under 18 years of age, may be used in childcare and other positions that involve supervision of children or the developmentally disabled only with adequate supervision and training.
4. Always work in an open environment avoiding private or unobserved situations. If a leader must be alone with a child for a brief time, he/she must provide visual access (open area, open door or door with window).
5. Avoid situations that involve unsupervised access to children. In the event unsupervised access is needed, volunteers must have prior approval of the appropriate age group minister/director and be subject to additional screening procedures.
6. Restrooms pose increased risk; therefore, heightened awareness of your surroundings should be observed. Avoid situations where you are alone with a child with the restroom door closed and never be in a closed stall with a child. When possible group restroom breaks are recommended. Mixed ages in the restroom pose additional risk therefore additional supervision and precaution should be exercised. It is recommended that only females take children to the restroom.
7. When transporting one or more children in a Crestview sponsored activity, a written permission form must be obtained from the child’s parent/guardian and a two adult rule will be in place with the preference that at least one of those adults is a female.
8. Adult workers must monitor each other, not to accuse, but to protect the children and each other in case of allegations. Two adults (non-relatives) per classroom are required in all preschool and nursery situations. Two adults are not mandatory in the elementary and teen programs; however, team teaching is the ideal situation for classes at all levels.
9. Over-night and/or offsite activities must have the prior approval of the appropriate age group minister/director and will comply with these policies. Also, they require that all participants have written parental consent and a medical release form. Consent forms may be completed for a one-year period and should be renewed annually. All consent forms will be considered valid until renewed.
10. Be wise in your physical contact with children. Physical expressions of affection must not be excessive or imposed upon another person (i.e. full body hugs, elementary age child sitting on your lap, etc.).
11. The adult/youth helper is always responsible for maintaining an appropriate relationship even if the child behaves inappropriately. Adults/youth helpers should not place themselves in compromising or vulnerable positions.
12. Do not take photos, videos or digitally record children participating in church events; unless you have been authorized as an event photographer or the child’s parent or guardian is present and gives permission. As an authorized event photographer the photos/video will be the property of the church and will not be available for personal use.
13. When using social media (i.e. Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), all employees and volunteers should:
a. conduct themselves in a respectful manner when posting
b. not list comments that could defame another person or provoke inappropriate statements, or include confidential, sensitive or personal information about others.
14. Be mindful of the safety of the children at all times, and in all circumstances.
15. The individual who has witnessed or who becomes aware of any form of misconduct toward a child must report the facts to the appropriate age group minister/director as soon as possible. Workers are not to investigate the allegations or contact the suspected offender. All allegations will be taken seriously and church staff will take appropriate action in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, insurance policy requirements, and based upon advice from legal counsel. If abuse is suspected, it will be reported to local law enforcement or the Texas Department of Protective Services.
The information contained in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize any references or churches listed in the application to give you any information, including opinions that they may have regarding my character and fitness for working with preschoolers, children, or youth. In consideration of the receipt and evaluation of this application by Crestview Baptist Church, I hereby release any individual, church, children’s organization, charity, employer, reference, or any other person or organization, both collectively and individually, from any and all liabilities for damages of whatever kind or nature which may at any time result to me, my heirs, or family, on account of compliance or any attempts to comply, with this authorization. I waive any rights that I may have to inspect any information provided about me by any person or organization identified by me in this application.
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the bylaws and policies of Crestview Baptist Church and to refrain from unscriptural conduct in the performance of my services on behalf of the church. I further state that I have carefully read the foregoing release and know the content thereof and I sign this release as my own free act. This is a legally binding agreement which I have read and understood.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Youth Worker Policies and Agreement Document
Agree & Sign